Sunday, August 1, 2010

Privacy

I've been receiving junk mail from Shaw almost once a week. It is never directly addressed to me.  Instead, it says "Current Occupant".  I emailed Shaw and asked them to take my address off their list.  Their response was, if it was not directly addressed to my name, they could not do that.  It was something I could only do via Canada Post.

Call me dumb if you like, but although I know that there are ways to take onself off junk mail lists, I really don't like going through the trouble.  This does, however, put Shaw in a bad spot in my mind.  They have now made an impression as a company that does not care about the environment, by constantly sending me offers in the mail.  I don't watch cable television, and my internet is provided very well by another company.

No comments:

Post a Comment